Zairzabrplay.com Affiliate Agreement requires you to disclose your affiliate relationship with zairzabrplay.com whenever you offer an endorsement or testimonial of zairzabrplay.com’s services, including, in the form of publishing online rankings or reviews comparing service providers. Under the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising (“Endorsement Guidelines”), and as updated in 2015, you are required to disclose any material connections. The FTC is especially concerned about any financial incentives that would be of interest to a consumer reading your endorsement or testimonial (including reviews and rankings).
WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU
If you provide reviews, rankings, endorsements, testimonials, blogs, or content of any kind about any zairzabrplay.com service for which you receive commissions, you must clearly disclose the fact that you receive such compensation in a clear and prominent place in close proximity to your endorsement. This disclosure must appear on every page that includes your endorsement and cannot require the consumer to scroll through multiple page views, or click on secondary links behind vague words such as “Disclaimer.”
The FTC takes the Endorsement Guidelines seriously and continues to bring enforcement actions against a wide range of companies, including marketers, advertisers, affiliates, PR agencies, web influencers, and others.
zairzabrplay.com monitors affiliate sites to ensure that our services are represented appropriately and that they comply with the Endorsement Guidelines. As stated in our Affiliate Agreement, failure to comply with the Endorsement Guidelines could result in your removal from the zairzabrplay.com affiliate program as well as the cancellation of all commissions due to you.
The FTC also offers a variety of resources to help make it easier for you to comply with the guidelines, including:
- The FTC’s Revised Endorsement Guides: What People are Asking
- Dot Com Disclosures: Information About Online Advertising
- Native Advertising: A Guide for Businesses
Tips on how to disclose that you receive affiliate commissions for sales made online.
Disclosures must meet these four basic requirements:
- Disclosures must be “clear and conspicuous” whether they are in video, print, or audio content.
- Language must be specific and easy to understand. This means, for example, you should identify which brands featured on your page pay you commissions, not merely that “some” do.
- The location of the disclosure should be placed close to your endorsement or review. The font, color, and size of the disclosure should be such that it is easily noticed and read. And don’t obscure the disclosure behind a vague, non-explanatory link, such as “disclosure” or “disclaimer.”
- The user shouldn’t need to click, hover, or scroll to locate or understand the nature of your disclosure.
Please take steps immediately to make sure that your site is in compliance with these guidelines. Affiliates still have enjoyed great success after being ftc compliant.
Note: These links are intended to provide guidance only. If you provide endorsements of some type, you should obtain legal advice on how the FTC rules apply to you.
Zairzabrplay.com Affiliate Team